for orders above $20
Wood chisels are multi-functional tools that have sharpened edges at the end of the metal blades. They can be used for cutting, carving, gouging or scraping wood. They are usually used in tandem with hammers or mallets when cutting or carving.
25mm Wood ChiselOriginal price $9.00 - Original price $9.00Original price$9.00$9.00 - $9.00Current price $9.00| /In stock
Material: CrVSize: 25mmTwo-component plastic handleSturdy, durable metal materialCompact design, safe to usePlastic handle non-slipCutting sharp no...View full details
13mm Wood ChiselOriginal price $8.60 - Original price $8.60Original price$8.60$8.60 - $8.60Current price $8.60| /In stock
Material: CrVSize: 13mmTwo-component plastic handleSturdy, durable metal materialCompact design, safe to usePlastic handle non-slipCutting sharp no...View full details
19mm Wood ChiselOriginal price $8.00 - Original price $8.00Original price$8.00$8.00 - $8.00Current price $8.00| /Out of stock
Material: CrVSize: 19mmTwo-component plastic handleSturdy, durable metal materialCompact design, safe to usePlastic handle non-slipCutting sharp no...View full details
Get down to the smallest of details with chisels
Woodworking chisels come in various sizes. The measurement of a chisel indicates the width of the cutting blade. The different sizes of chisels do not mean they serve different functions; rather they should be used according to the width of the cut that needs to be made. In doing so, it ensures that the cuts will be clean and accurate.
What to look out for when choosing a chisel?
Here are some additional things to consider when purchasing chisels online:
- Type of wood — It is important to ensure that the wood you will be working with is compatible with the chisel that you are planning to buy. This tool works well with wood such as Basswood, Oak, Black Walnut and Aspen. However, it is not recommended for woods such as plywood as the cuts may not turn out as nicely.
- Blade material — If taken care of well, chisels can last for a long time. It is imperative to pick a chisel that is made of a strong material that does not rust.
- Grip of the chisel — You should be able to hold the chisel comfortably. Also, the grip should be made of anti-slip material to prevent any accidents.
- Shape of the blade — Chisels come in bevelled or straight blades. The cross-sections of these blades are different.
- Blade faces — There are 3 types of blade faces namely the flat, bevel and oval faces.
They can be used for different purposes such as paring, carving or chopping. The type of face to use depends on the area you are working on.